February 5, 2010

God Provides


The YFC Slovakia team
(Please look at anyone but me (Stasi) I was sick last week and thought this meeting was on Thursday not Wednesday)

One of the things that I have to learn over and over is that God is in control and He will provide. I don't know why this is so hard for me. I have seen Him work things out over and over again. And yet, I am always surprised by how He does it.

Last week, our car decided that it did not want to start. I sympathize, I don't like getting started on cold mornings either. But we all have to do things we don't like. The car actually had a more legitimate reason than laziness though.

Did you know that diesel is in danger of gelling in the fuel tank and filter when it gets cold?. Who knew! Fortunately I married an amazing man who not only knew this, he knew they made additive you can put in your tank to remedy and prevent this issue. So we went to the gas station in a borrowed car to buy some of this miracle stuff. Unfortunately this did not fix the car. So Micah took out the fuel filter.

Did you know that it is very important not to let air into the fuel lines of a diesel engine? Something or other about the placement and/or number of fuel pumps. (I start to zone out pretty quick during car talk). Oops, guess what we now had in our fuel lines! The internet suggested a variety of small pumps you could purchase to remedy this problem. We did not want to buy a small pump for this purpose, we never plan to have air in our fuel lines again, and the nearest Auto Zone is in a different Time Zone. Fortunately, waaay back in June, some friends who were moving back to the States gave us a box of various kitchen gadgets including a small turkey baster.

I have never before in my life owned let alone used a turkey baster, I would never purchase a turkey baster and will probably never own one again. Usually when Micah comes in and says, "do you have X that I can have?" I ask what for and them tell him no. Either because I don't have what he needs or because even though I have such a thing I use it regularly for its intended purpose and don't want it filled with wood-shavings, oil, dirt or all thre.. But this time when He came in and said, "Do you have something like a big syringe I could use?" I was glad to tell him I had just the thing and hand him the small turkey baster which just happened to be the exact right size to use on the fuel line.

Last summer God provided a turkey baster to fix our car before we even knew the car needed fixing. Great is Thy Faithfulness.

Please pray with us for YFC Slovakia, God has provided for the ministry here in a lot of amazing ways since it started over 16 years ago. The past year has ben especially difficult though and many of the staff have not had a regular paycheck in over a year. (Through your generous support Micah and I receive our salary through YFC-USA and are not affected financially by the situation here)

1 comment:

Abi said...

in the picture: my first reaction was how good you look :) I miss you :*