July 4, 2009

Goose-Ducks?!

google goose duk
No, I certainly did NOT mean "half moose half duck" Although that would be interesting beyond anything we have seen here so far!

Well, I'm finally gettign around to posting about the Goose-ducks and chickens. They arrived a little over a month ago.
2009May28_4662

there are 5 "Goose-Ducks" (everyone swears they are really half Goose half Duck, but I'm still suspicious that they are just messing with the Americans. I am simply not convinced about their parentage, they look just like normal ducklings to me.
2009Jun04_4788-1
I don't have a more recent photo, but they are getting a lot bigger and have real feathers now.

2009Jun04_4790-1
There are 5 chickens with Ugly heads and 10 chickens that look like I think chickens should look. 2 of them are roosters, as near as I an figure.

I still do not know anything about chickens, But it is my job to close their little door at night so that the foxes don't get them. the chickens put themselves to bed, but I have to chase the Goose-Ducks pretty often. It is kind of funny since they can't see the door in the dark and they run into the wall as often as not trying to get in.

It is also my job to open the door in the morning and make sure they have food and water. I am not sure why any of this is my job. But, no matter what our job descriptions say we are here to serve however YFC can use us. Even if it means putting chickens and Mutant Goose-Ducks to bed and taking them water 4 times a day.

2 comments:

Stephen James said...

Do they honk or cluck?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.